Latest NewsSee More
ANAPI publishes the results of the study it conducted on the business climate in the DRC
Why invest in DR Congo?
- Procedure for setting up a business
- Large market in the heart of Africa
- What exemptions are granted to investors under the Investment Code, the Mining Code and the Agricultural Law?
- What are the conditions for admitting a project to the benefits of the Investment Code ?
- What is the general procedure for setting up a business in the DR Congo and what are the costs involved ?
- Tax and customs incentives
- Special Economic Zone
- What are the social contributions and contributions due on earnings in the Democratic Republic of the Congo ?
- What is the procedure for obtaining an agricultural concession?
Investment opportunitiesSee More
Business and investment climateSee More
- Starting a business
- Dealing with construction permits
- Getting electricity
- Registering property
- Getting credit
- Paying taxes
- Trading across borders
- Enforcing contracts
- Resolving Insolvency
Starting a business
DEADLINE: Three working days (maximum), from the filing of the file, including proof of payment of administrative costs.
COST: 80 USD if the statutes are to be authenticated (notary) or 70 USd if the statutes are under private seal (at this cost, it is however necessary to add 40 $ collected on behalf of the municipality for obtaining the authorization of ’opening of economic activities although this procedure is subsequent to the creation of a business) 40 Usd for Establishments.
Dealing with construction permits
DEADLINE: 20 working days, from the date of submission of the file for people in payment order
COST: 1.8 USD / m²
Deadline: 18 days
Cost: The cost varies from cabin to cabin. However, the deposit to be paid is included in the first 3 invoices, of monthly energy consumption under the heading "deposit" and its payment is spread over 3 months up to the amount due.
Deadline: 15 - 21 days
Cost: 3% of the market value for new titles; 1.5% of the market value for contracts older than 10 years.
- Legal rights reliability index: 6%;
- Extent of credit information: 3%;
- Coverage by private offices (% of adults): 2.5%
- Number of payments (number per year): from 52 to 30;
- Time (hours per year): 346 to 240;
- Total payable per year (% of gross profit): from 54% to 46;
- Profit tax (%): 27 to 24%.
- Establishment of control and monitoring mechanisms for a company in difficulty throughout the procedure which will either lead to its recovery or to its dissolution;
- Adoption and promulgation of the Law on the body of judicial representatives.
Did you know ?
Enterprise CreationStarting a business in the DRC takes only 3 days. Creation cost: $ 80 for a company and $ 30 for an establishment. More info on www.guichetunique.cd You can follow the progress of your file (...) More
Build AutorizationAt the end of your construction work, you are issued a certificate of conformity if your building is built according to urban planning standards The signing of the building permit is now (...) More
Taxes PaymentThe tax rate on profits and profits paid by companies has just been reduced from 35 to 30% in the 2018 Finance Law for the 2019 financial year, and the reduction of the recovery penalty rate from (...) More
Transfer of ownershipThe real estate transfer deadline is now 15 days for buildings close to the land division and 20 days for those far from them It is possible to resolve land and property disputes at the level of (...) More
Cross-border tradeThe Integral Single Window for Foreign Trade is a must for all your pre-customs clearance, customs clearance and post-customs clearance operations. More
ANAPI supported us in the realization of two projects: the construction of a modern 5-level hotel, and the construction of a fuel storage depot. This has allowed us to create several local jobs - and on top of that a national and international reputation - as an investor, the financial community has gotten to know us and our tax contribution has also increased.
So we invite other entrepreneurs to approach ANAPI for support in carrying out their projects. And thus create the emergence of the Congolese middle class.
Astrid Nsonga Mukendi
Owner & Manager
CEO of GONAIVE
ANAPI supports KIPAY Investment in the realisation of its project of construction of a 166.8 MW hydroelectric power station, located in a copper zone of Haut-Katanga. This ambitious KIPAY project is an opportunity to create jobs for nationals and expatriates.
Indeed, as an investor in the electrical energy sector, KIPAY is a reflection of the Congolese people’s determination to show their determination.
In order to do so, KIPAY invites other entrepreneurs to get closer to ANAPI for a better support in the achievement and realization of their projects.
President of FEC (Congolese Federation of Companies)/Haut-Katanga
CEO of KIPAY Investment
Makutano 6 will take place from September 10 to 12, 2020 in Kinshasa
UNCTAD GLOBAL INVESTMENT FORUM FROM 22 TO 26 OCTOBER 2018 IN GENEVA / SWITZERLAND